The following summarizes the discussion at the district meeting held during the Southeastern District Championships in Savannah May 14-15.
- Awards were given for the 2015 District Circuit Series. The top three were: Eric Oetgen, Marcus Moelhman, and Henry McCray.
- Series Dues and Regattas – a brief discussion was held regarding the district fee that is a part of registration for all district series regattas. That fee ($7) was established many years ago. No change was made to it.
- District Financial Report – Pam Burke, the district treasurer provided a report of district finances. The district currently has a balance of $761.22. The district’s primary expense is the trophies for the District Circuit Series.
- Next Year’s District – the district championship has, for many years, rotated between fresh and saltwater. The recent past district championship locations include Lake Norman (2015), Wrightsville Beach (2014), Augusta (2013), Charleston (2012), and Lake Hartwell (2011). The Augusta Sailing Club has volunteered to host the districts in 2017.
- Primary Volunteers for the district: Pam Burke – treasurer, Jim Burke – scorekeeper, and Reggie Fairchild – webmaster.
- Election of Officers: Will Sloger was reelected commodore and Pam Burke treasurer.
- The NA’s will be held this year in Rochester, NY. One of the notable features of the NAs is the Kids Camp for young kids that won’t be sailing. Details of the NAs can be found at the ILCA website.
- No Other Business was brought up for discussion.